Start at Coba, this grand Mayan site is different from the other big sites in the Yucatan peninsula. First of all, it's situated by four natural lakes, which is a rare sight in the Yucatan peninsula.
These lakes are believed to have given the city its name, which means "Waters stirred by wind". Furthermore, it is not as excavated nor reconstructed as Chichen Itza or Tulum.
Coba still has a number of big structures covered with the growth of the jungle, making it a wild place that truly triggers your imagination. It doesn't see nearly as many visitors as Chichen Itza or Tulum and if we are lucky we might be all by ourself with only Birds, Monkeys and the dense jungle to accompany you at these mystical ruins. After we see the ruins we go to the beautiful Cenote and than enjoy a late lunch at world famous “Oscar & Lalo Restaurant, Bar & Grill”.
This is a much different experience than the regular bus tours - much smaller, more personal, and even more rewarding!
*Please note that our tours are “Small Group Shared Expeditions” and average (4) to (7) guests and never more than (9) guest in the group. The cost will be based on how many guest are in the Van the day of the expedition. We tell our guest to base the cost as only they are in the Van, that way, if more guest join, the cost will be less.
**Private Expeditions could be any size and need a separate quote depending on the group size.
- $310 USD per guest based on (1) guest. *
- $155 USD per guest based on (2) to (3) guests.
- $145 USD per guest based on (4) to (6) guests.
- $135 USD per guest based on (7) to (9) guests.
- $125 USD per guest based on (10+) guests.
- Tour Schedule: Monday through Sunday from (4) to (6) hours.
- These tours are for small groups and, for an additional fee, can be private.
Add Punta Laguna Nature Monkey Reserve
for $45 USD more per guest.
Add Snorkeling in Mesoamerican Barrier Reef,
for $35 USD more per guest.
Add Mayan Taxi for $15 USD more per
guest, for those that do not ride bikes.
- Visit to the Ancient city of Coba.
- Private tour of Coba Ruins by a Federally certified English speaking archaeological guide.
- Follow the Paths by Bike through the Jungle.
- Climb the Nohoch Mul Pyramid (The tallest in the Yucatan).
- Enjoy a wonderful view of the amazing sub-tropical jungle that surrounds the site.
- Visit a Mayan Village.
- Selection and Lessons on Proper use of Equipment.
- Cool off and Snorkel in Beautiful Cenote.
- Pastry & coffee in the morning.
- Snacks, Fruit, Beer and Non-alcoholic drinks are included.
- Enjoy a four course Lunch and Drinks at Oscar & Lalos. Very small, flexible and personalized groups
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off (From Tulum city and Playa Del Carmen city, at no additional cost.). Hotels/Places of Stay not located within our regular Pick-up/Drop-off area may include an additional Pick-up/Drop-off fee; please see our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- Round-trip air-conditioned transportation.
- Enjoy snacks & fruit.
- Sanitized Snorkeling gear, Wet suit and Life vests.
- Coffee and morning snack.
- Lunch (no drinks).
- Entrance into Cenote Cenote.
- Beer, water, soft drinks and snacks are included.
- Entrance fees.
- Federally certified English speaking archaeological guide.
- Personal driver all day.
- English speaking personal guide all day.
- Entrance fees to Coba ruins site.
Recommended to Bring
- Good walking shoes or non-slip flip-flops.
- Swimsuit and towel.
- Change of dry clothing.
- Extra cash for tips or souvenirs.
Bring or buy from us:
- Biodegradable insect repellent.
- Biodegradable sunblock.
Add underwater Camera rental for $45 USD
(We email Pictures to you).
NOTE: This is an active tour, it is not recommended for people with health problems especially people with heart conditions,
pregnant women and people with Asthma.